Ultra Trail Scotland Arran Skyline – Cancellation of our 2020 event.
Due to COVID-19 we have unfortunately taken the decision to cancel this year’s event on the 21st of June. We appreciate this will not come as a shock given all else that is going on at the moment globally, however it is still a disappointment for competitors, the Skyrunner Series and us as an organisation. While we are still a couple of months away from the event itself the cancellation comes now for a number of reasons:
- From a planning and logistics point of view there is preparation that would need to be put in place now for us to be able to run the event. The current situation just does not allow us to do this with any certainty and more specifically without the risk that cancellation will ultimately become a necessity in the weeks to come anyway.
- We rely on the availability, commitment, support and good will of a great number of stakeholders to run the event successfully and again the uncertainty makes this impossible to plan for.
- Lastly but most importantly, is the safety of our competitors. Given the length and technical nature of the route, the need to train and prepare appropriately is key and not something that most will be able to do during this period of lockdown.
What does cancellation mean.
- We are not rescheduling the event for later in the year, it is a full cancellation – and the next running of the event will be the weekend of 19th and 20th June 2021.
- An option for full refund was considered, however due to cost already incurred, unfortunately it is not possible without threatening the future running of the event. We do hope you understand.
- Therefore we plan to make a refund of 75% of your entry fee(s) by 25th April (allowing 3 to 5 days processing time by the banks), but if there are any issues please let us know and we will endeavour to rectify – please bear with us.
- In recognition, when we open entries for 2021 we will be inviting all of this year’s cancelled entrants a discounted rate to compensate for the monies lost this year.
Please keep an eye out via our website and social media for details on when our 2021 entries open later in the year. But for now, we hope you and your families stay fit and well and you can get back out on the hills once the lockdown is over.